Magic Johnson will be one of the richest athletes in the world by 2022, with a fortune estimated at $600 million.
Magic Johnson Jr., formerly known as Earvin “Magic” Johnson, is a former NBA executive and former NBA player. For 13 years, he was the Lakers’ starting point guard. Johnson was drafted first overall in the 1979 NBA draught by the Los Angeles Lakers after winning titles in high school and college.
Every night after work, his mother spent hours cleaning their house and preparing their following day’s meals, while his father worked in the janitorial department of a used car lot and collected rubbish.
In 1979, the Los Angeles Lakers selected Johnson as their first-round draught pick. A $25 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers was the final outcome. At 18.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 9.5 assists and 2.7 steals a game in the 1981–82 season, Johnson was one of the best players in the NBA at the time.
Lakers won the NBA Finals in 1985 after he averaged 18.3 points, 12.6 assists, and 6.8 rebounds per game in the 1984–85 regular season.
During the 1988–89 NBA season, he averaged 22.5 points, 12.8 assists, and 7.9 rebounds per game, continuing his stellar play from the previous year.
In 1991, he was diagnosed with HIV and his life was forever transformed. He stated that he had been diagnosed with cancer and that he was retiring. Despite the fact that he had declared his retirement, he was selected to play for the United States of America at the 1992 Summer Olympics.
During the 1995–96 NBA season, he re-joined the Los Angeles Lakers. In a win over the Atlanta Hawks in February, he had 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 13 assists. In 32 games this season, he averaged 14.6 points, 6.9 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game. After the season, he decided to hang up his cleats for good.
Magic Johnson has a net worth of $600 million as of 2022.
Here are some of Magic Johnson’s finest moments:
For his efforts in winning the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award, he was also awarded the championship.
Johnson was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame as a two-time honoree.
Favorite Magic Johnson Quotes
- It was a secret to everyone that I was going to die a year later. As a result, I was able to show the sporting community and the rest of the world that an HIV-positive guy can play basketball. When it comes to basketball, “he’s not going to give it to anyone.”
- With so many people touched by his enterprises, Magic Johnson says, “It’s a big blessing that I can do that and make money.”
- Having health insurance was important to me since I was an athlete.” As a professional basketball player, I was well aware that injuries were prevalent and might occur at any time.”
- Anyone who can keep a positive attitude despite not getting much playing time has my admiration.
- People need to know that I’ve put in a lot of time and effort to get to this point in my life.” This wasn’t a one-time occurrence. As a businessman who has been in the industry for over 25 years, I’ve learnt a great deal from every collaboration and chance I’ve had.
- Everybody said that I couldn’t be a 6-foot-9-inch point guard when I was younger, and I proved them wrong.” As a businessman in urban America, they told me I couldn’t succeed, but I proved them wrong. And they doubted my ability to win many titles, but I proved them wrong.” — Magic Johnson, NBA Champion
Magic Johnson is a former professional basketball player in the United States who is widely regarded as one of the game’s all-time greats. As one of the greatest basketball players of all time in the 1980s, Johnson was renowned for his muscular arms, agility and quickness.
$600 million is projected to be Magic Johnson’s wealth in 2022.
Check some of the Best Trending News on Faceball and Stay Updated.